Kevin: Rebecca, you're fabulous.
Rebecca: Yes, I am fabulous.
Kevin: No, you're supposed to say thank you.
Rebecca: No, I just want to say I'm fabulous.
And last night in the car, Rebecca and I were having this conversation:
Rebecca: I'm sick.
Me: I just think you're beautiful.
Rebecca: No, I'm sick and beautiful.
Me: Oh yeah?
Rebecca: Yeah. When I'm sick I get to take medicine.
Me: And what do you get when you're beautiful?
Rebecca: Um, I don't know. Candy or something.

15 comments:
I love that! Aren't kids the best? Kids can get away with so much; it's the only time you can get away with such "confidence." I remember when my niece, Hailey was a little younger and you'd say, "Hailey, you're so pretty." She'd simply respond with, "yeah." Can you imagine an adult saying that? Well, if it's worth anything, I too think Rebecca is beautiful! But maybe don't tell her...I don't want it to go to her head. :)
I agree completely. . . Rebecca is fabulous and beautiful!!!
That is so funny! Don't you wish you could bottle that self-esteem up and save a little dose for when she's in Junior High?!?
Love it! You should send her to Girls Rock Camp in a few years. :)
Speaking of, would you mind sharing the goodness of Girls Rock Vegas with other friends that have girls (ages 9-17)? We're trying to recruit more campers.
Love, H
The above post was from Heather, btw.
Let's hope she holds on to this confidence for a good long time. Every girl should feel beautiful and fabulous.
Hilarious! She has a point though, she is beautiful. Kenna does the same thing. I say "Kenna, your beautiful" and she says I know. Kids!!!!
Kids crack me up! I hope that she is able to keep that confidence as she reaches those crazy teenage years :) I am glad you posted on my blog - I added you to my blog too!
ahhh I miss my Rebecca!!
They should know just how cute and amazing they are. A good self esteem is what every kid needs.
I think it is great that she thinks she is fabulous and beautiful!
That is too sweet!
What a cutie! That is awesome!
Kids say some of the funniest stuff.
Who needs Stuart Smalley when you've got a kid who affirms herself daily? I love it!
Post a Comment