Friday, April 26, 2013

Dancing with the Stars

Quick update on my neighbor. I've seen two of my other neighbors go over and talk to him to make sure he's okay. I've gotten the chance to talk to  other neighbors who don't usually leave their houses, and everyone of them is very supportive of him, saying things like, "I don't care what happened with the police. I just hope he's okay." This includes a few neighbors who I did find out were evacuated from their homes. It's so nice to see the humanity of the people I live around. I can say after this week that I've really grown to love the people who live on my street.

Anyway, during my blogging hiatus, I forgot to mention that a couple weeks before Lia was born, I got to see a live taping of Dancing with the Stars. My friend Amy who got the tickets mentioned this week that she's been getting emails recently that there are more tickets available for this season, and she asked me if I want to go again. It made me think I should write about our last adventure.

These are the pretty ladies I went with. Left to right: Liz, Amy, me, and Stacy

I think we got tickets to the best show of all the seasons. It was the finale show of the all-star season! We got to see all of the all-stars dance, even the ones who got kicked off. Some of the people we saw were: Pam Anderson, Joey Fatone, Drew Lachey, Kirstie Alley, Bristol Palin, Emmitt Smith, Apolo Ohno, Helio Castroneves, Gilles Marini, Sabrina Brian, Shawn Johnson, Kelly Monaco, and Melissa Rycroft.

By the way, the girls who look skinny on tv are even skinnier in person. And the girls who look a little chubby actually look pretty good - like Kirstie Alley. The camera really does add ten pounds.

Some of the people we saw in the audience that night were Julianne Hough, Maria Menounos, Caroline Rhea, and Ann Romney. I LOVED seeing Ann Romney.

Amy paused her dvr to get a few pictures of where we got to stand for the show:


We were on the second balcony above the Red Room where the stars go before and after they dance. If we looked down, we could see the red couch where the stars sit. If you look closely, you can see that I was leaning on the railing. I was 35 weeks pregnant, we had been standing in line for hours, and then we had to keep standing once we got in there. I was EXHAUSTED! But it was sooooo worth it. I even got a t-shirt from the emcee who goes around and talks to the audience during commercial breaks (not Tom Bergeron or Brook Burke - they have a different guy for that). I think he came to me because I was so noticeably pregnant.

Every time I watch it on tv now, I wish I was there watching it in person again. I hope my friend can get tickets again!

1 comment:

Rachel B. said...

That is awesome, Emily! That seriously sounds like the perfect episode to have been there for (other than the timing of being 35 weeks pregnant)! I guess this for sure means you've passed me up on celebrity sightings. (Do you remember how we used to joke about that?) I hope you get tickets again too!!

Also, I don't know what happened, but I tried leaving a comment back on your first post about your neighbor and how you reacted. For some reason it didn't save. Anyway....yes, I would have totally reacted the same way you did and probably run out of my house. That would be scary to have those guys coming in your house like that! And I think that's so great that you and some of your other neighbors have reached out to him. It really is so true that you just don't know what people are going through. I think people overall really are good, we just all go through some crazy things sometimes. I hope he's doing okay.

One last thing, thanks for your tips for Everett and his crib. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but he hasn't done it since. And he was in his crib awake for 45 minutes before I got him this morning! We shall see!