I got tagged by Natalie:
1. Did you date someone from your school? Nope. I didn't really date anyone in high school.
2. What kind of car did you drive? I drove an '84 Ford Bronco 2 after I turned sixteen. My junior year, my dad bought a Ford Ranger, and I got to drive it since it was his extra car.
3. Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try? Yes. I made a big mistake right out of the DMV parking lot, and I started crying because I thought I automatically failed. I think the guy felt bad for me because he passed me with the lowest passing score.
4. Were you a party animal? not really
5. Were you considered a flirt? I think so. Most times I was trying to be friendly, but I think it came across flirty. I might have led on an underclassman or two when I was a senior.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I joined choir with Kellie my junior year so that we could go on their big Hawaii trip. I liked choir so much that I did it again my senior year.
7. Were you a nerd? I actually did my homework and tried to get good grades, so people probably thought I was nerdy.
8. Were you on any varsity teams? I was a varsity cheerleader.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? I got pretty close my senior year when the cops were called on me and some friends after a toilet paper war. The school police called us out of class to talk about the seriousness of "vandalizing property".
10. Can you still sing the fight song? Our fight song was the theme from Magnificent Seven. (I added it to my playlist on the right if you don't know what it sounds like.) The only words I remember are, "Chaparral..Cowboys..Rah!" They were right at the end.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mr. Ching, and sadly I think that's it.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? We didn't have lunch. We had 2 20-minute nutrition breaks between our 3 hour-and-forty-five-minute classes. I sat in the courtyard for the nutrition breaks.
13. What is your schools full name? Chaparral High School
14. School mascot and colors? Cowboys, orange and black (yes, just like Halloween)
15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? Scott Manning - junior year, Matt Kessler - senior year (my least favorite dance date)
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No. I'm glad to be out of high school, although I love the friends I made there.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? Ours was at the convention center because they were remodelling the Thomas and Mack that year. My parents said that they couldn't see anything because of the flat seating.
18. Where did you go senior skip day? Jessica's house - sophomore year, Brian Head - junior AND senior year.
19. Were you in any clubs? I was in KEY Club for a little bit, but I quit going for some reason.
20. Have you gained some weight since then? Oh yes.
21. Who was your prom date? David Brown - junior year, Heath Workman - senior year
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Yes. Mine and Kevin's are both next year.
23. Did you have a job while in high school? I was a demonstrator for Anderson Dairy with Julie one summer. We gave out samples of chocolate milk at the grocery store. I also worked for Assurance Ltd. I went there after school to file papers and do the mail.
I know a lot of you aren't as fond of tags as I am, but I would really like to see this from my fellow Chaparral alumni. Just do it if you feel like it.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
This was a fun one. You pretty much do all the cute tags. I think I might try this one although I'm not sure how much I can remember!!! Oh, good old Mr. Ching. And my 10 year is sometime this week I think, but I'm feeling a little too much on the chubby side to attend.
Great tag, I think you were at 7-11 for most of those nutrition breaks:)
I still need to do this tag. It is always so intresting to me to see what people were like in high school. I think we would have been friends still.
hey are you still in vegas?
You have a really good memory- I think I am going to have to borrow a few of your answers!! We for sure need to get together when Chris is out of town. Call me!!
My friend just did this exact same post. I loved reading both of them! I was kind of in my own world in highschool so it is kind of fun to see what was going on for other people. I agree with Julie, great memory!!
Good old Chaparral! Our week in Hawaii is still my favorite memory from high school, or at least tops the list. This is a fun tag - I might actually try this one.
Yeah for Chaparral alumni! I like this post it made me think back to the good days at Chap :)
If only I'd known you in high school, Emily, can you just imagine the shananagines we would've gotten ourselves into? Cute post :)
Post a Comment