Thursday, October 16, 2008

Parents' Day

Yesterday was Parents' Day at Rebecca's dance class, so the other parents and I got to sit in the room while Ms. Stephanie taught the class.

Things did not start off well. This is what the others girls did at the beginning of class:

And this is what Rebecca did at the beginning of class:

She stayed next to Ms. Stephanie most of the time and did not want to participate. I don't think she was happy about the audience that came to watch that day.

As class went on, I think she started to forget about the people watching, and she wanted to dance with the rest of her friends. This was her when it came time for ballet:
I'm glad she finally started dancing at the end because I really got to see how much she enjoys the class. Ms. Stephanie told me that the reason why she does Parents' Day is so that the kids get used to an audience and don't have Rebecca's reaction during bigger recitals.

Ms. Stephanie also teaches the girls some great life skills in her dance class:

In the is picture, the music is saying, "This is my left heal, this is my left heal." The song does this with right foot, left foot, right heal, left heal, right arm, left arm. I still am not very quick when distinguishing right from left, and Rebecca already knows which side is which.

The girls have to get their shoes and put them on by themselves when it's time to change from tap to ballet or from ballet to tap.


Ms. Stephanie also makes the girls say "thank you" after the leader for the week gives them their dance props. When it's time for the props to be collected, the leader must say, "May I please have your..."

I've been so happy with this class for Rebecca, and she absolutely loves Ms. Stephanie. As you can see, she is pregnant and will probably take a break after she has her baby. I really hope she continues with her dance classes after her break because I don't ever want to go anywhere else.

15 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

That is so cute! I can't wait to have a girl to take to dance class!

Amanda said...

Sounds like Rebecca's teacher is great! I don't think their is anything more cute than little girls dancing :)

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Rebecca is so so cute!

Wendy said...

Love little dancers! They're so adorable.

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

What a great thing to do for your little girl!!! I grew up dancing and learned so much more than dance . . .if she loves it, keep her in it. Her teachers sounds like a dream. Congrats on finding her they can be rare!

familiesarepriceless said...

Super cute! How do you do your pictures? Like put four on a little page with wording. I love it

Valerie said...

Rebecca looks so dang cute! How fun!

Ronda said...

I think dancing is the best thing for little girls. Rebecca is so cute. My daughter loves to go to dance too.

Cari said...

I love it. she looks so cute! bostyn starts ballet and tap in November and can't wait. We should have a talent show for the girls during the holidays!!

Heather Bay said...

Hey- my friend is looking for a ballet class for her adorable TWIN girls. They are about the same age as Rebecca. Any suggestions?

Kiesel Klan said...

k everytime you post something about Rebecca it makes me want a girl. You need to stop showing me how cute and fun little girls can be.

Emily B said...

Maybe a girl is on the way for you, Rushelle...

Julie T. said...

Rebecca is the cutest little ballerina ever!! Lover her:)

Christa said...

How cute!!! I love watching your videos of Rebecca...she is a doll!

The Walkers said...

These pictures make me want to have a little girl too! Too cute, and I love that they are all dressed up in their leotards and everything!