Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bad Boys, Bad Boys

Officer Bret Ficklin of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department stops a vehicle that is driving erratically, including crossing two lanes a traffic sharply and zig-zagging.

This picture is from the cops.com website. Tonight I watched an episode of Cops featuring my brother Bret who is an officer for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. He pulled over the guy under the car for a traffic violation, and as he asked the man to step in front of the police vehicle, the guy took off running. My brother found him under this car. The man had drugs in his possession and a gun in his car, and that's why he ran from my brother.

I'm so proud of Bret and all he does to protect our city. It was so fun to see him in action at work.

12 comments:

Emilee said...

Amazing- you are related to someone famous! We are lucky to have people like your brother protecting our city, that's for sure!

Kellie and Stephen said...

I just watched this with Stephen since he records them all now, probably the first and only episode of Cops I'll ever watch! I have no idea why people run from the cops...do they really think they are not going to get caught? that's awesome your brother was on tv

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

I didn't know that your brother was a cop for Metro. That is awesome! Has he ever worked with either of my brothers?

Ronda said...

That is so cool you got to watch your brother on cops. Good job Bret.

Christa said...

Cool!

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Em- The both work at Metro, but Jeff is a detective now. But Jay is on the streets.

Julie T. said...

We watched Bret on cops last night. Tell him that I will always abide by the law so he won't chase me and yell at me!!! It was great watching him in action.

Rachel B. said...

That is awesome. I so want to see the video.

Liz Prisbrey said...

Wow, that's so awesome!

vivian said...

How wonderful, thanks Bret and all the other great people who protect us all.

The Smith Family said...

Emily, that is so cool. Your brother ROCKS!!

The Morrisons... said...

That is pretty cool and scary at the same time!